Google AdWords is Google’s Search Engine Marketing program. AdWords ads appear at the top of the Google search results page and in the right hand column.
Through the AdWords program:
- You create an ad that only appears when someone who is in the location that you selected searches for your target keywords.
- It doesn’t cost anything for your ad to appear. You only pay when someone clicks on the ad.
- Effectively you are paying-per-click to generate targeted traffic to your website.
- You control the maximum amount of budget that is spent each day.
Business Owners should consider trying Google AdWords when…
1. It’s competitive to get your website on page one of Google in the organic results.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) covers a lot of different things, including:
- how your website is set up
- how many other websites link to yours
- the words you use on your website and where you use them.
SEO is important because it helps your website appear higher up in the Google search results. The higher up your website appears, the more traffic you’re likely to get.
The ability of your website to rank high up in the Google search results is impacted by how many other websites are trying to rank on your target keywords, and how well optimised those other websites are.
If it’s really competitive for your website to rank organically, try Google AdWords
2. Your website is new
When a new website goes live, it doesn’t automatically show up in Google. In fact, sometimes it can take weeks to get indexed and appear in Google search results.
When you want a new website to be found in Google quickly, try Google AdWords.
3. You’re running a special promotion
Two of the great features of AdWords are that:
- you can tailor the Ad Copy to include your key messages
- you can direct people who click on the ad to any page of your website that you choose.
This means that you can use an AdWords campaign to increase exposure for a special promotion.
Aim to have the ads showing at the top on the left hand side, include details of the offer in the ad and direct the visitors straight to the page that has more information about the offer.
Here’s an example from Pizza Hut
When you want people who search in Google to find out about your special promotion, try Google AdWords.
Need help getting started with Google AdWords?
Contact us today.
We know AdWords and we love working with Gippsland businesses. You’ll work with a Google Certified Partner who is focused on getting maximum bang for your online marketing buck.